Sunday, December 07, 2008

637 And Counting

Wow is all I can say.
I started with Family Tree Maker Software in October, 2008. I wanted to buy a software that would help me organize my family records. It was a simple endeavour. My existing tree was about 130 people.

Before long at all, I had added another 100 to my Foley family tree. I thought it was time to add my mother's Fleming family information and do a tree for my sister Margie. This added another 200 since I found through Ancestry.com a descendant of my great great grandfather who had already done some of the work.

I called my sister to tell her the good news and she starting reading me Finnegan death certificates. Finnegan was my mother;s mother's maiden name. So here add another 100 of them.

Then my sister's husband's name tripped a "hint" at Ancestry.com and I found myself adding more than a few Koellers, a mini-tree.

As of today I am waiting to get information from two cousins who have 15 children between them, 31 grandchildren and 14 great grand children. This plus spouses will likely add another 100. Then I am also waiting to hear from 6 nephews and two nieces with additional descendants.

These trees, with only my sisters and I as a common link, already have 637 individuals. I am sure they will grow to over 800. And I still have many dead ends to follow up on.

It seemed like a good idea to buy the software. Now I know what I was missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home